Are you interested in the connections between peace research and security policy? You want to learn more about strategies for avoiding or reducing violent conflicts and what conclusions politics should draw from this? You have practical experience and want to acquire further knowledge and competencies?
In our one-year master's program, you will receive an overview of the social science foundations of peace research and security policy. In addition, ethical, international law, economic and scientific issues are dealt with. It is about current conflicts in individual regions of the world, concrete aspects of peacekeeping, disarmament and foreign policy.
Detailed and up-to-date Call for Applications text (PDF)
FAQs - contains important information regarding your application (PDF)
You will find here an example of the application form, including all questions (PDF)
General information about the master's program
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- Application form generated by the online application portal
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Certificate of general qualification for university entrance (e.g. Abitur) or comparable school leaving qualification
- Degree from a university or school of applied sciences with proof of at least 240 ECTS
- Proof of English and German language skills necessary for coursework and exams
German: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH), DSH-2 or better is required; Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF), TDN 4 or better in all four sections is required; a comparable examination with a result of B2/C1 based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
English: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 230 (computer-based exam), 570 (paper-based) or 88 (internet-based); International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 5.5; a comparable examination with a result of B2/C1 based on the CEFR
- Proof of relevant work experience where available
- If applicable, additional documentation offering evidence of your particular suitability to this course of study (e.g. letters of recommendation, scholarships or grants)
Please provide your application in one pdf-file.
The application period for the academic year 2021/22 starts 15 December 2021 and ends 15 March 2022.