OSCE Insights presents policy briefs on current OSCE-related topics in English, German, and Russian. The series is edited by the Centre for OSCE Research (CORE) at IFSH Hamburg, in cooperation with Nomos Publishing, and is the successor to the OSCE Yearbook. OSCE Insights contributions address an international readership of researchers and practitioners and include recommendations for enhancing comprehensive and cooperative security from Vancouver to Vladivostok. Authors discuss institutional changes to the OSCE, relations with other international organizations, and the interests of participating States in the OSCE. Further topics include conflict management, security sector reform, arms control, environmental protection, and human rights. Contributions are published online throughout the year and are compiled in print editions (in English, German, and Russian) at the start of the following year.
If you are interested in contributing to OSCE Insights, please contact Head of CORE and Editor-in-Chief of OSCE Insights Cornelius Friesendorf (friesendorf@). ifsh.de
You can read the contributions here:
- Cornelius Friesendorf: Introduction to OSCE Insights 2020: The OSCE in Crisis Mode
- Cornelius Friesendorf: The OSCE in Central Asia: Debating Police-related Activities
- Andrew Baker: Combating Antisemitism in Europe: Is the OSCE up to the Challenge?
- Michael Raith: Addressing the Conflict Cycle – The OSCE’s Evolving Toolbox
- Sebastian Mayer: Kazakhstan’s OSCE Connectivity Ambitions: Trade Promotion and Norm Resistance
- Philip Remler, Richard Giragosian, Marina Lorenzini, Sergei Rastoltsev: OSCE Minsk Group: Lessons from the Past and Tasks for the Future
- Benjamin Schaller: No Fair-Weather Instrument: The Need to Rethink Military Confidence Building in Europe
- Alexandre Lambert, Filip Ejdus, Thomas Schmidt: Deployment of Armed Forces During the Coronavirus Crisis: Compliance with the OSCE Code of Conduct?
- Cécile Druey, Anna Hess, Julia Kaplan, Valentina Cherevatenko: The Minsk Process: Societal Perceptions and Narratives
- Frank Evers, André Härtel, Marietta König: Enhancing Cooperation Between the OSCE and the Council of Europe
- Thomas Greminger: Making the OSCE More Effective: Practical Recommendations from a Former Secretary General
OSCE Insights 2020 is currently available in English.