OSCE Insights, the successor to the OSCE Yearbook, reaches an international readership of practitioners, policy analysts, and scholars. It is published in English, German and Russian by Nomos for the Centre for OSCE Research (CORE), Institute for Peace Research and Security Policy at the University of Hamburg (IFSH).
Contributions to OSCE Insights are published online continuously throughout the year, and compiled in a print edition at the start of the following year. They comprise policy analyses and practitioner reports with a particular emphasis on contributions that translate findings from academic research for policy makers, and present concrete recommendations to the OSCE community. Our authors include academics, policy analysts, politicians, and officials from participating States and the OSCE. OSCE Insights papers discuss the institutional evolution of the OSCE; developments in policy areas in all three dimensions, including arms control, security sector reform, environmental protection, and human rights; the activities and challenges of OSCE executive structures; the positions of participating States; and interaction between the OSCE and other international organizations.
You can read the first papers here.
- Cornelius Friesendorf: The OSCE in Central Asia: Debating Police-related Activities
- Andrew Baker: Combating Antisemitism in Europe: Is the OSCE up to the Challenge?
- Michael Raith: Addressing the Conflict Cycle – The OSCE’s Evolving Toolbox
- Sebastian Mayer: Kazakhstan’s OSCE Connectivity Ambitions: Trade Promotion and Norm Resistance
- Philip Remler, Richard Giragosian, Marina Lorenzini, Sergei Rastoltsev: OSCE Minsk Group: Lessons from the Past and Tasks for the Future
- Benjamin Schaller: No Fair-Weather Instrument: The Need to Rethink Military Confidence Building in Europe
- Alexandre Lambert, Filip Ejdus, Thomas Schmidt: Deployment of Armed Forces During the Coronavirus Crisis: Compliance with the OSCE Code of Conduct?
- Cécile Druey, Anna Hess, Julia Kaplan, Valentina Cherevatenko: The Minsk Process: Societal Perceptions and Narratives
- Frank Evers, André Härtel, Marietta König: Enhancing Cooperation Between the OSCE and the Council of Europe